Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Energy Drink Review: Monster M-80

This kid is so hardcore with his 80% juice energy drink and seat belt buckled. Random results from Google image search are totally my best friend sometimes.

I'd never had Monster before, so I thought I'd start out easy and have one of the energy + juice drinks. The company claims the drink is "80% juice--100% Monster!" I suppose this must be true. But so this is expected to be less intense than a 100% energy drink, but sometimes that's what you're looking for.

MONSTER M-80 ENERGY + JUICE
(ratings out of five possible asterisks)

Taste: ** The sixteen-ounce can claims that this drink should remind me of a Hawaiian surfing competition because of the mix of "local tropical juices." Nothing can remind me of a Hawaiian surfing competition, because I've never been to Hawaii or a surfer competition. This was a little too sweet for my liking, but it tastes more juice-y than chemical energy-ish, so that's good if you don't actually like the taste of energy drinks in general. I'm way more hardcore than that now, though.

Fulfills its campaign promises: *** "[E]xplosive flavor and the big bad Monster buzz you know and love!" Flavor: not really that explosive, buzz: not real intense, though it definitely perked me up enough to do a bunch of blogging and a little bit of work without falling asleep (anymore) at my desk.

Ability to understand why people might do speed: .5* It's certainly possible that the crash will be less intense than some, but the pick-me-up didn't come with shaking or euphoria. LAME.

Overall rating: 1.83/5 asterisks

It's not gross or anything, just kind of meh.

1 comment:

  1. Where's my Thursday US Prez post?

    Also, I had a Rockstar Juiced yesterday that did, in fact, taste like surfing feels.

    ReplyDelete