Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Favorite Cocktails: The Not-Bone Crusher


Totally my new boyfriend.

So, some time last year, Whatshisname took me out for a classy dinner and I swear to god I ordered what was called a "Bone Crusher" cocktail. I memorized the ingredients and adapted it for home consumption. However, I just did a Google search for a real recipe, and discovered that what I thought was a Bone Crusher was really NOT a Bone Crusher. Perhaps it was the jP American Bistro variation. Unfortunately, their website does not include a cocktail menu, so I can't be sure that I haven't just hallucinated the memory. But anyway, I find it easiest to just do everything in equal proportions, so that's the recipe I've come up with:

The Not-Bone Crusher

1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 part Chambord*
1 part lemon juice
1 part cranberry juice
ALL PARTS DELICIOUS

This is one of my favorite drinks not just because it's tasty (though you may actually want to hold back a bit on the Chambord if you're not big on raspberries, as it has quite a strong flavor), but because it contains THREE SHOTS. In other words, I can actually feel it.


*I've decided that a post devoted to Chambord is required in the near future. Look forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment