Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's Things I've Found on the Toobz and Liked

1. I know I posted the band's video of this a while back, but Rai Thistlethwayte not only has a name that is the bane of speech therapists everywhere, but has a voice and instrumenting skills that overpower the sketchiness of his facial hair to make him still totally hot. And I just watched this a bunch of times in a row, so I figure I may as well share the wealth. That is what YouTube is for. 2. Kind of old news now, but Kieran Healy pretty much had the same thoughts I did upon seeing the new $5 bill: Um, it looks fake. Or like somebody spilled something on it. After they played with the design in Print Shop Deluxe. Choice quote:
The new additions to this bill, apparently intended to increase legibility and accessibility, were made by my daughter, who is four.
Fiveargh. (Crooked Timber) 3. "Scientology. Scientology is younger than John McCain." A fun new website to check out. (Things younger than Republican presidential candidate (oh, and did I forget to mention "war hero"?) John McCain) 4. I had a car full of douchebags (gross, right?) honk at me the other day when I was walking down the street, just wearing a regular old t-shirt and jeans. When I looked up to glare at them, they waved at me, as if to say, "You're welcome." Assholes. Adorable, adorable Ezra Klein parses out perfectly why catcalling is so creepy and disrespectful ('tis the season!):
It's a way of covering insecurity, of asserting your existence by underscoring your physical dominance. It's utterly disgusting.
Catcalling. (Ezra Klein at the American Prospect) 5. William K. Wolfrum once again demonstrates his vast satiristic skillz in Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz must drop out of playoffs for the good of the NBA. (Shakesville)

1 comment:

  1. I just hope my future clientele doesn't have that last name.

    ReplyDelete