Monday, May 12, 2008

Inside jokes between me and the internet

I just have to mention that I got secret joy when at a book club meeting this weekend where we were discussing the AWESOME book by Lauren Groff, The Monsters of Templeton, I was able to refer to one of the characters and say, "Marmaduke is an asshole." And even though nobody else in the group caught it, I chuckled to myself. Because I am a nerdy nerd nerd who spends way too much time on the internet. Also, probably everyone else was just like, "Lauren's gotten drunk on red wine at book club again. Shock shock." UPDATE: There is a character whose first name is Marmaduke. This book does not include references to everyone's favorite poorly-drawn jackass canine.

1 comment:

  1. I may have to add this book to my already-too-long reading list only because i'm curious to know what the Marmaduke reference is.

    ReplyDelete