Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Post #300! And crappy early '90s rock!

Dear friends, It has been a mere ten or so months since I committed myself to this here blog, and we have come to the tricentennial post. How glorious for all of us. Again, please take this opportunity to lavish me with praise/excoriate me in the comments. Suggestions for future features are welcome, etc. History Blogging should be back this Thursday (I had a delightful trip to MN, thank you very much) and you know, whatever else I feel like writing about randomly on the interwebs. But in the meantime: a gift. My off-key Jesus-music singing neighbor has been playing this classic Verve Pipe hit on repeat pretty much since we got back from MPLS at 2:00 Monday morning. It is ridiculous. And she still can't sing. Enjoy:

4 comments:

  1. What was that song about anyway? I always got it confused with "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, and by that association I always thought it was about abortion. Whatevs. Anyway, happy 300th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if this is the same song i am thinking of (i wouldn't know, because i refuse to listen to it) i believe it was from the mid- to late '90s, not the early '90s. is that excoriating enough? probably not. but if you back out on your drunken tattoo promise to me, i'll excoriate you good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was originally produced acoustically on their first album in '92, but the hit we know and love came out on their 1996 album "Villains." (Thank you, Wikipedia.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. So, "Brick" ISN'T the worst song about a abortion after all.

    You'll never know how often I, as a college freshman in the years 96-96, had to hear this fucking song drifting down the halls of the dorm. Kill me.

    ReplyDelete