Friday, March 15, 2013

Energy Drink Review: Pur Renew

The Cub Foodz had a drink in its cooler I hadn't seen before with the word "energy" on it, so I thought I'd buy it. Full disclosure: I drank one with vodka the other night while trying to maintain energy to finish editing episode two of MY WEBSERIES TEENAGE CASPER and it was delicious, but I can't yet speak to its energizing effects because of the drunkenness/substance mixing involved. That said, I'm at work now, and could use a boost, so I'll drink the other can. It is a woefully small 8.4 ounce can, which is sure to be inadequate for my needs, but we'll see how it goes.

This is Pur Renew. Though it looks like some kind of fancy water, the can touts the fruit extracts from the acai berry, pomegranate, blueberry, and chokeberry (?), but I see that it does also actually contain caffeine and taurine. Thank the Sexy Gay Jesus.

FLAVOR: It is fruity and carbonated! It's all that chokeberry, probz. I just Wikipedia-ed chokeberries and found out that they are called that because they are inedible while raw! Obviously. It's got a bit of a sour edge to it, and I kind of like it. I have to say the flavor is really kind of unique, so it may not be everybody's cup of tea,* but I like it, at least in a 8.4 oz. dose.

EFFECTIVENESS: I've had about five ounces so far, and I can feel a bit of a pick-up in my energy levels. My head still feels tired, but I'm fidgeting a bit and was actually amused by a few passing coworkers' comments, so I'm not too cranky right now. After finishing the can, I do feel a boost. Nothing crazy, but good enough to last me until I can get more caffeine after my break in about half an hour.

OVERALL: Recommended for people who only need small doses/like crazy inedible berry drinks.


*Tea is gross.


No comments:

Post a Comment