Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Energy Drink Review: Rockstar Sparking Energy Peach

VERY EYE-CATCHING, NO?
At the campus miscellaneous bad-for-you snacks store at my new temp job, I saw the bright orange glow of an unfamiliar energy drink can. Apparently Rockstar is doing a "sparkling" beverage that claims to be "Light, refreshing, and fully loaded!" The caffeine is NATURAL from green coffee beans. I don't really like peach and I definitely don't like the flavor of coffee, so this could be incredibly disgusting. I also dropped the can on the pavement the other day, so it could both explode and be gross. I will open it over the garbage can. Okay, I guess "sparkling" means not that bubbly, so I am safe from a entire day of sticky peach-smelling disaster.

FLAVOR: Actually pretty good. Like I said, I'm not in love with peach as a flavor, but this is rather light, like one of those sparkling flavored waters. No trace of coffee taste, GOOD JOB WITH THAT CAFFEINE BUT NOT FLAVOR EXTRACTION, ROCKSTAR COMPANY. Over halfway through, I thought the peach flavor would be sickly sweet and I'd get sick of it, but it's really not bad at all.

EFFECTIVENESS: I am tired as fuck what with having to be somewhere at 9:00 a.m. four whole days a week but still getting sucked into Investigation Discovery's entire late-night lineup and staying up until 2:00 a.m. to hear the various and sundry crimes committed by a hoarder family in West Virginia with so many beards and cockroaches on a 2013 episode of Evil Kin. Maybe. Sometimes. Last night. About 40% of the way through the can and it's definitely doing something. I'm finding this is working pretty well. I slowed down because I was getting a bit of a headache, but I am definitely more alert at the end of the drink.

OVERALL: Recommended. Not bad.


1 comment:

  1. I prefer natural juices and it is good to avoid artificial fruit juices and drinks. Natural juices also good for health.

    Regard
    Noni Juice.

    ReplyDelete