Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pluggers and the Bleakness of American Life

Oh hey guys, it's been some time since I took the easy way out by making fun of one of America's worst cartoons. These Pluggers panels from the past couple of months revisit some of our favorite reader-supplied themes of depravity, hypocrisy, and hopelessness. In the form of cheerful, anti-intellectual giant human-animal mutant people, of course! Let's do this thing:

I'd make a bestiality joke, but since the characters are already animals, aren't we just witnessing a douchey Plugger bear husband trying to pressure his Plugger (fox?) wife into having a threesome with the family pet? Yeah, I went there.

Lest you think I'd forgotten one of this comic's most common themes, this couple brings us back to the importance of prescription drug abuse in the lives of Pluggers. Also, that chicken lady is about to eat a turkey. Ew.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what the joke is supposed to be in this comic, but I am amused by how fat that cat is.One of my students today's "weird/memorable fact" about themselves was his family's 35-pound cat. Few things are funnier than really fat cats.*

If Dogman here is so goddamn set on trite but apparently compulsory displays of patriotism, you'd think he could afford to just fucking buy another pin.

Pluggers is pretending to be sexually progressive! It's almost cute in its "totally missing the point"-ness.

I'm not going to write out a specific joke about Chickenlady's husband's severe incontinence problem, but I just wanted you to know that's where this panel took me. You're welcome.

Not only do Pluggers have massive prescription drug addictions that are probably the only thing keeping the unholy man-beasts alive at this point, but their drugs are all "not fit for human consumption" and whatnot too!


*Seriously, Google image search that shit. You will NOT be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment