Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Energy Drink Review: DUB Edition Monster Mad Dog Energy Punch

Oh hey gang, have you missed me? I've been busy trying to take care of my mental health and not fall into a shame spiral because I have no dissertation topic and am not even inspired enough to write a That Old Chesnut post about some word I just looked up the etymology for and at least I sent out a ton of Christmas cards and cheap, crappy gifts, right? Which I probably shouldn't have bought because we are poor and how will we pay our rent before my student loans come in OH WELL, shut up, jerkbrain. Anyway, I had a doctor's appointment this morning with a new doctor so I could get some more crazy* pills and the whole "story of my mental health problems and its treatment" is now over EIGHT YEARS LONG and he was so nice and asked me all sorts of questions about how I was feeling and I cried because that's what I do and I am so glad I don't have to talk to new people about my problems very often except on Monday (THAT'S CHRISTMAS EVE) which was like the only time I could get in to see a new therapist and I will do it all over again, but longer and without a fun prescription at the end. So enough about my feelings guys, because I was up early and also needed to get change for the bus, so I stopped at the store and bought a new energy drink and now I will drink it on the internet for you.
Does it look like a custom car? Nope? Oh, well, whatever.
I believe I've had some sort of DUB Edition Monster before, but this is a new energy punch "inspired by the streets." I don't even know what that means. Apparently DUB is a custom car magazine and DUB and Monster do like some car show tour together that I don't even care about. Anyway, Mad Dog is the new drink.** Let's try this shit.

FLAVOR: The can has got purple on it, so I was wondering if that would hold true for the flavor. It's got kind of a berry flavor, so not NOT purple. It's pretty tasty. I do generally like a punch or juice energy drink, and they are a lot more palatable for energy drink novices.

EFFECTIVENESS: It is definitely helping, but at about 2/3 of the way through the can, I'm just starting to feel regular amounts of alertness. I've got a lot of tired to counteract here, people. Okay, I drank it all. It was pretty good, but not crazy with the energizing. I'm definitely going to need more caffeine this afternoon.

RECOMMENDED or whatever.


*I know many people consider "crazy" a derogatory term, especially for legitimate mental illness, but I'm going to keep using it for me because I want to. So there.

**Fact: my research just now taught me that "Mad Dog" is but a nickname for classic bottom-shelf booze MD 20/20. MD stands for "Mogen David." WHAT?!

No comments:

Post a Comment