Thursday, January 29, 2015

Energy Drink Review: Mountain Dew Kickstart Strawberry Kiwi

This is a drink you can drink.
I've written here about the Mountain Dew Kickstart before. It's a perfectly okay beverage! Looks like PepsiCo is branching out and there are a few new members to the Kickstart family. This particular drink is billed as "Kickstart Hydrating Boost" and the flavor is "Energizing Strawberry Kiwi," so yeah. This is happening. The other new flavor had pineapple in it, so I took a hard pass on that one, OBVS. It's only a twelve-ounce can and I'm not particularly sleepy, just unmotivated to revise a draft for my sketch writing class because doing things is hard and the worst. Let's give this "NATURALLY AND ARTIFICIALLY FLAVORED SPARKLING JUICE BEVERAGE BLEND FROM CONCENTRATE" a go!

FLAVOR: It's pretty tasty. Like, a lightly carbonated strawberry something or rather. I like it.

EFFECTIVENESS: My leg shakiness has increased and I'm thinking pretty seriously about looking at the word document I should be working on. Like, I already changed the date and which number draft it is, and honestly, the changes I need to make to this sketch are not that significant and will be fun to do, but I don't want to start. Because doing things is my kryptonite. The energy drinks protect me from hurting myself while exerting effort. Something in the caffeine. Or the taurine. Whatever. I'm sticking to this story. I just added two lines and some stage direction to my sketch, so I'd say overall all that it's working! Finished it and did some more tweaking, so hooray! Success! I may even let Isaac take me grocery shopping (which I hate) before Project Runway All-Stars tonight.

OVERALL: Drink it, it's pretty good and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment